Extremadura Agency for International Development Cooperation, Public Body (Regional government of Extremadura) , Spain
Objectives and Period of reference:
The Extremadura Region combats poverty and works for sustainable human development
through the creation of the Extremadura Agency for International Development Cooperation (AEXCID).
The AEXCID is a Project of the Regional Government of Extremadura which was created to foster full development conceived as a fundamental human right, where the fight against of poverty is part the process for fulfilling this right. As such, the body manages Extremadura's official development aid.
Period of reference:
2008 – 2016
Total resources (€):
In the framework of the General Plan 2014-2017 the AEXCID
More than 14 million of Euros.
Context and Outline description of the strategy and programme
Extremadura is a European region located in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula (Spain). It is formed by the provinces of Cáceres and Badajoz, and represents the 7.0% of the Iberian territory with 41,634 Km2 and the 2.35% of the Spanish population with 1,096,421 inhabitants. The Extremadura region is highly commitment with EU issues and policies since the Extremadura Region is the only European region in Spain that receives Structural Funds from the European Union, earmarked for the priority regions in the Cohesion Policy for the period 2014-2020.
In this contex, Extremadura Region belives in Cooperation for Development as a fundamental tool for the promotion of human development.
The AEXCID is a Project of the Regional Government of Extremadura which was created to foster full development conceived as a fundamental human right, where the fight against poverty is part of the process for fulfilling this right. True to this commitment, the actions of AEXCID are framed in the General Plan 2014-2017 and the Annual Cooperation Plan 2016.Strategy:
- General Plan 2014-2017
- Annual Plan 2016
- Education for development
- Humanitarian Aid
- Cooperation for development Projects
Activities and (expected) results
In the framework of the General Plan 2014-2017 the AEXCID :Activities:
- Delivering aid through a set of financial instruments with a focus on ensuring the quality of Extremadura´s aid and its effectiveness
- Monitoring and evaluating NGDO´s projects developed in developing countries.
- Direct cooperation actions; ie, actions in which the Government of Extremadura is directly involved in all phases of the project.
- Coordinating development policies with Extremadura’s local bodies.
- Designing and implementing development cooperation projects and programmes.
- 1.000.000 direct/indirect beneficiaries
- Internal alliances with over 200 local and regional authorities over 201 NGDO´s
- 97 projects in 30 countries
- € 14 million disbursed
Contacts for additional information
: http://www.gobex.es/aexcid/inicio Phone number:
0034- 924 00 33 00
-Postal Address: Avda. Valhondo, s/n (Edificio Mérida III Milenio) Módulo 1 - Planta 2ª
Mérida (Badajoz) Postal code: 06800
: Gema González Jiménez (email: firstname.lastname@example.org